Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Love Your Style

While I was in Los Angeles last weekend, shopping down Laurel Canyon and Ventura Blvd., I hit up Urban Outfitters. Getting distracted from the clothes by the huge table of books, I stopped and couldn't manage to pull myself away! I ended up, after far too long looking through each and every fashion book, settling down and just buying the one, of many, that caught my attention most,  I Love Your Style by Amanda Brooks. I haven't been able to put it down since! Highlighting names and phrases to look up at a later time, and getting so much knowledge about fashion and style and how it all works, or doesn't work.
I will be blogging about this a lot and what I have learned, but here is a start!

Personal Style is a look that is all your own!
It is a way of putting yourself together that allows your own combination of tastes, desires, interests, inspirations, aspirations, lifestyle, and history to shine through.
Personal style is the way that you reflect who you are no matter if the people around you like what you put on in the mornings or not. It's not just what you wear, its the way you think and your attitude as well.

Embrace yourself and your history!
It's impossible to overemphasize the importance of self-acceptance in this equation.
Again, don't be afraid of who are are no matter your history, likes, dislikes, family, etc.


Self-confidence is good for both your soul and your style!
Finding your personal style means feeling exhilarated every day as you walk out of your front door, knowing you look great before anyone tells you so.
If you don't feel confident, the whole world can see through that. Even if you know that you aren't dressing to the best of your ability, work it anyways. Because, who really cares?


Celebrate your creativity, express your different moods, and show off all facets of your personality!
If you've got personal style, you can change your look from day to day and always look like yourself.
Dress for yourself, not anyone else. And if you don't take risks and make mistakes, you will never learn or, more importantly, never find your own personal style!

No comments:

Post a Comment